If you notice a fault,
we’re already in the process of fixing it!
What is centralized PON testing?
A full “FTTH network” is as fast as it can lead to many errors. German network operators report an error rate of 30%.
“Centralized PON testing” is a method to test the signal from the Hub to the Fibre Termination Unit (FTU) through the splitter to ensure more rapid and accurate problem diagnosis with shorter repair times and using fewer face-to-face customer visits.
Centrally testing provides reliability during network build, service activation and whole life operation thanks to a full automatic path, test and verification.
How does centralized PON testing work?
Centralized PON testing runs completely from the Hub to the fiber termination unit and uses a reflector to terminate the fibre. The Fibre Termination Unit features a Fibre Bragg Grating (FBG) embedded in connector with pigtail tuned to OTDR wavelengths (1645 – 55 nm) which is easy to assemble and flexible with LC/FC/SC-APC/PC connector.
Centralised testing cuts downtime!
Time to certify, find faults WITH central test.
- Test-head detects a new fault
– Peak disappearance or optical loss threshold violation?
- Customer alarm automatically issued
- System automatically starts advanced test and fault demarcation analysis
- Fault in distribution identified >> root cause break
- Dispatch to repair site & Customer Service notifies customer
– Fibre repaired
– Test to obtain loss, continuity & optical budget pass/fail
- Meet SLA & clear alarm, Customer Service report to customer
Why centralized PON testing?
Network operators in Germany talk about a 30 % error rate for fiber to the home (FTTH) connections.
Accelerate troubleshooting by 75 %