If your customer notices a fault,
you are already in the process of fixing it!
What is centralized PON testing?
FTTH is the most advanced network technology and the future of broadband networks.
Nevertheless, network operators report an error rate up to 30%.
Using Centralised PON Testing will efficiently certify all of your access network as its being built, while reducing
future trouble-shooting time by up to 50%!
Provide great service reliability to improve customer satisfaction and reduce maintenance costs.
How does centralized PON testing work?
Centralized PON Testing runs completely from the Hub to the fiber termination unit and uses a reflector to terminate the fiber. The Fiber Termination Unit features a Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG) embedded in a fibre coupler tuned to OTDR wavelengths (1645 – 55 nm), which is easy to assemble and flexible with LC/FC/SC-APC/PC connector.
- Technician enters the unique id for the PON branch
- The OTDR and switch are allocated for this user
- Measurement done remotely with Centralized OTDR
- Measurements stored in database (Length & Insertion Loss)
- If accepted by the technician, the peak is marked as a reference
Centralised testing cuts downtime!
Time to certify, find faults with central test.
- Test-head detects a new fault
– Peak disappearance or optical loss threshold violation?
- Customer alarm automatically issued
- System automatically starts advanced test and fault demarcation analysis
- Fault in distribution identified >> root cause break
- Dispatch to repair site & Customer Service notifies customer
– Fibre repaired
– Test to obtain loss, continuity & optical budget pass/fail
- Meet SLA & clear alarm, Customer Service report to customer
Centralized tests create great value!
Why centralized PON testing?
Enabling low skilled PON activation, simultaneously delivering full fibre condition monitoring
and in case of a fault it will be fixed 75 % faster.
Provide great service reliability to improve satisfaction!
Whole-life Condition Monitoring
- SLA recording
- Realtime visibility of network health
Rapid Fault Diagnosis & Repair
- Automatic fault identification
- Dispatch the right team every time, reducing operating costs even in highly dispersed networks
Simplify build & customer identification
- Simplify build with pre-terminated drop cables AND still uniquely identify every customer